This is an "As Needed" (PRN) opportunity. In this position, you will be responsible for:
Providing meals to subjects in research studies, Preparing and serving food in accordance with research specifications, and food safety standards. Maintains supplies, equipment, and records as indicated.
AVERAGE WEEKLY HOURS: 20RESPONSIBILITIES:
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Assembles patient trays, ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Precise measuring and recording of certain research diets.
- Supervise food quality and temperature adherence.
- Keeps a record of what was delivered. Informs the person in charge of purchasing when inventory is low.
- Transport food, supplies, and utensils to patient eating areas from main kitchen.
- Handles the service of the food in accordance with sanitary regulations and ensures that food is palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the operation of all equipment used in the kitchen area.
- Assure the timely delivery of food to subjects.
- Understand and apply proper sanitation regulations to the daily operation of the department.
- Check temperatures and quality of prepared foods at various times during the day.
- Able to communicate both with verbal and written skills to coworkers and supervisors.
- Operate and maintain the dishwashing and keeps the kitchen area orderly, clean, and safe.
- Comply with Safety and Hazardous Material policies and Universal Precautions and Infection Control policies.
- Present a positive image of the organization by neat and professional appearance.
- Make subjects and the public feel respected and welcome.
- Maintain patient and hospitality confidentiality.
- Contribute to and participate in team and individual efforts to improve the quality of service.
- Show initiative and judgment in controlling the utilization of resources.
- Must maintain regular, consistent attendance.
Required: High school diploma or GED with 6 months to 1year experience in the foodservice
: 6 months to 1year experience directly related to nutrition and diet therapy and/or experience in patient-feeding food service establishment preferred