A PRN Research Nutrition Technician, under direct supervision, provides meals for subjects in research studies. Prepares and serves food in accordance with research specifications, and food safety standards. Maintains supplies, equipment, and records as indicated. Interacts with research subjects and medical staff. The PRN Research Nutrician Technician works under the supervision and guidance of the Research Nutrition Coordinator. He/she is not responsible for supervising other staffRESPONSIBILITIES:
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Assembles patient trays, ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Precise measuring and recording of certain research diets.
- Supervise food quality and temperature adherence.
- Keeps record of what was delivered.Informs person in charge of purchasing when inventory is low.
- Transport food, supplies, and utensils to patient eating areas from main kitchen.
- Handles the service of the food in accordance with sanitary regulations and ensure that food is palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the operation of all equipment used in the kitchen area.
- Assure the timely delivery of food to subjects.
- Understand and apply proper sanitation regulations to the daily operation of the department.
- Check temperatures and quality of prepared foods at various times during the day.
- Able to communicate both with verbal and written skills to coworkers and supervisors.
- Operate and maintain the dishwashing and keeps kitchen area orderly, clean, and safe.
- Comply with Safety and Hazardous Material policies and Universal Precautions and Infection Control policies.
- Present a positive image of the organization by neat and professional appearance.
- Make subjects and the public feel respected and welcome.
- Maintain patient and hospitality confidentiality.
- Contribute to and participate in team and individual efforts to improve the quality of service.
- Show initiative and judgment in controlling the utilization of resources.
- Must maintain regular, consistent attendance.
Required: High school diploma or GED with 6 months to 1year experience in food service
: 6 months to 1year experience directly related to nutrition and diet therapy and/or experience in patient-feeding food service establishment preferred